RCF ART 910A – 10″ 2-Way 2100W Powered PA Speaker w/ DSP
payments Learn more
and fill your cart
Choose Payflex at checkout
Get approved and
pay 25% today
with your debit
or credit card
Pay the remainder
- You must be over
18 years old
- You must have a valid
South African ID
- You must have a debit or credit card
issued by Mastercard, Visa or Amex
Designed to deliver stellar audio performance and versatility for intensive audio applications, the 10″ RCF ART 910-A is a highly flexible, easy to use, 2100W powered PA speaker for today’s working musicians, singer/songwriters, mobile DJs, and other sound providers. The speaker works in a variety of orientations and configurations for use as a main PA or stage monitor. When used as a main speaker, a pair of ART 910-A’s is well equipped to cover an audience of up to 300.
A push button on the back of the speaker allows you to physically switch between three preset modes: Linear, for standard applications; Boost, which provides loudness equalization for background music played at low volumes; and Stage, for using the speaker as a stage monitor. The ART 910-A employs True Resistive Waveguide technology, which incorporates several refinements of the transducers and the vented port design to create a resonance-free signal that reduces high-frequency distortion. The speaker also utilizes Bass Motion Control (BMC), which bypasses the need for a high-pass filter and instead uses an advanced woofer excursion management feature that can handle the lowest audible frequencies without affecting the woofer stability, with extended linearity and better sound integrity.
A single combo XLR-1/4″ connector can accept both unbalanced and balanced signals. There is also an XLR Thru-Output for daisy-chaining to additional speakers or other audio equipment.
The highly efficient 2100W Class-D bi-amplifier delivers 1400W to the 10″ woofer and 700W to the 1.75″ compression driver, which provide full-range audio (50 Hz to 20 kHz) with a sound pressure level powerful enough to ensure the entire audience can hear your performance. The ART 910-A includes a power cord.
At a Glance
- Up to 130 dB sound pressure level
- 2100W Class-D bi-amplification
- 50 Hz to 20 kHz linear frequency response
- 1.75″ compression driver
- 10″ woofer
- FiRPHASE zero-degree phase technology
- Bass Motion Control (BMC) woofer excursion management
- LINEAR: This preset is recommended for all regular applications of the speaker
- BOOST: This preset creates a loudness equalization recommended for background music applications when the system plays at a low level
- STAGE: This preset is recommended when the speaker is used as a stage monitor
Power that Moves
- With 2100W of power, the 2-channel ART 9 Class-D amplifier is 50% more powerful than previous models, able to manage extremely high sound pressure levels with an ultrafast attack, realistic transient response, and very low heat loss
- ART 9 is very energy efficient, so there is no need for a cooling fan—the amplifier is attached to a solid aluminum heat exchanger in the back of the unit—with no moving parts. Being physically connected with the internal frame, the amplifier is firm and solid within the cabinet. The input circuit features a new low-distortion design with an advanced safety limiter, maintaining the true character of the input signal at all levels
- All ART 9 amplifiers are designed according to EN62368-1 for maximum safety and present a Switch Mode Power Supply section joining high efficiency with minimum weight.
M-Brace Cabinet Design
- The sleek cabinet uses a special polypropylene composite material with a radically new construction concept
- The grille cover is heavy-duty steel, protecting both transducers and vented ports
- The purpose-designed M-brace connects the four internal sides of the cabinet and amplifier, preventing any deformation for a completely inert body, with augmented acoustical damping, even at maximum volume settings
- It also performs as a reinforcement structure, for greater resistance to mechanical stress.
Bass Motion Control
- When searching for an extended bass with enhanced performance, RCF engineers found a way to remove the high-pass filter, replacing it with a forward-thinking approach. Introducing BMC (Bass Motion Control), the newly advanced woofer excursion management feature.
- ART 9 with BMC can handle the lowest audible frequencies without affecting the woofer stability, with extended linearity and better sound integrity.
- The BMC method works by creating a complete map of the dynamic behavior of the woofer, to generate a custom algorithm that only limits over-excursions. This gives total freedom of signal reproduction to the transducer.
- When high-pass filters normally protect the woofer motion from becoming destructive, but change the phase behavior, the BMC algorithm breaks conventional rule. In combination with FiRPHASE technology, ART 9 has a level of DSP audio performance never achieved in this range of speakers.
- The design of the FIR filter for this specific purpose starts from an accurate measurement of the loudspeaker phase.
- FiRPHASE algorithm uses this measurement and adapts the loudspeaker’s phase without touching the amplitude equalization. The heart of the advanced technique used by FiRPHASE is a recursive method (least-squares method) combined with a proprietary algorithm that calculates the best FIR filter coefficients set in according to amplitude and phase constraints
- The algorithm corrects phase and amplitude (if necessary) by considering the weak points of the transducers and the resonances or cancellations due to the cabinet of the loudspeaker.
- This technique allows a deep control of phase at the mid-low frequency with relatively small filters, reaching a higher resolution than that one as theory suggests.
True Resistive Waveguide
- The True Resistive Waveguide is the result of several refinements in both the transducers’ and the vented ports’ design with Finite Element Analysis and constant measurement in RCF anechoic chambers
- Thanks to FiRPHASE technology, the new shape, and the placement of the ports, the speaker now acts as a single ideal source for a perfect sound image
- Acoustically, the TRW waveguide mimics a resonance-free pure resistive load, reducing the high-frequency distortion of a classic horn. With its asymmetrical sound shaping, the coverage angle of the waveguide provides constant directivity to the entire listening area and improved stereo panorama.
- High Frequencies: The 1.75″ compression driver voice-coil design with Polyimide-Kapton dome features a new bonding technology and reinforced ribs, making it 10 times more durable than previous designs. The redesigned phase plug increases sound clarity, enhancing transient response and improving coupling with the low-frequency transducer
- Low Frequencies: Low-frequency transducer design gains more stability over higher currents, with less distortion, and is highly efficient in terms of heat dissipation. RCF quality control is very strict. The woofers are tested with a 200 hours continuous signal to stress the transducer at extreme levels.