The LR Baggs Anthem Tru-Mic Acoustic Pickup will change the way you look at mic pickups! This feedback-busting, natural-sounding pickup is the result of over 30 years of effort. There’s no modeling and no illusions going on here. The Anthem is strictly a well-designed microphone that picks up your guitar – clean, clear, and full of dynamics. While many guitar mics are way too prone to feedback or just as bad… give you that annoying “boxy sound” when used alone… the LR Baggs Anthem is like having your acoustic sound just “turned up,” so it’s full of detail, warmth, and personality.
So how does it work? We won’t launch entirely into all the nitty gritty and the exhausting research the LR Baggs team went through to design the Anthem. What we will say is that they developed proprietary noise-canceling technology that avoids that helps avoid that honky/boxy sound and keep your acoustic tone sounding pure and natural. Plus, a specially designed placement system picks up the sound of the vibrations of your entire soundboard, so the Anthem is surprisingly free of placement issues.
The control unit of the Anthem is extremely lightweight and features just the essentials: Volume, Mix, and Phase. It nestles inside the soundhole for easy fingertip access. With the Mix control, you can blend between the augmented mic and the full-range pickup. There’s also a multi-segment battery check to maximize battery life.
The Anthem has all of the essential tools in one complete system. The feather-weight preamp and controls include: volume, mix, phase and a battery check. The mix control blends from the augmented TRU•MIC position to Element pickup only.
- The patented TRU•MIC carries the majority of the guitars’ frequency range while the Element Pickup carries the lowest frequencies
- Mix control blends between the TRU•MIC augmented with low frequency support from the Element Pickup and full-range Element Pickup
- The mic is highly feedback-resistant
- Noise cancelling microphone technology eliminates any annoying honky or boxy qualities from the inside of the guitar
- Mic installs easily on the bridge plate with peel and stick adhesive
- Mic and pickup levels preset for optimum performance
- Soundhole preamp includes volume, mix, phase inversion, battery check, and mic trim controls
- All discrete pre-contoured soundhole preamp with preset crossover
- Element Pickup fits most common string spacings and saddle width
- Comes with battery bag for secure and unobtrusive battery retention